· Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that former Tribe and current Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar has played well enough to earn a roster spot this season. He’s hit three homeruns this spring.
Other News and Notes
· According to Jorge Castillo of the Washington Post, the Washington Nationals have released catcher Derek Norris. The signing of Matt Wieters and his struggles at the plate made him expendable.
· According to Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com, Kansas City Royals catcher Salvador Perez received two MRI’s on his left knee on Wednesday, and both reports came back clean. He is expected to miss a week.
· Chris Cotillo of SB Nation reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have released veteran lefty Dana Eveland.
· Jack Curry of the YES Network reports that veteran righty Ernesto Frieri is hoping to land a deal today with the New York Yankees after working out for them on Wednesday.
· According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Yasmany Tomas was diagnosed with a strained oblique after receiving an MRI on Wednesday.