Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
Injuries are beginning to pose a threat to the opening day roster for the Indians as second baseman Jason Kipnis was once again shut down with a rotator cuff strain putting his status in question for the start of the season. Plus, Carlos Carrasco has been experiencing some elbow soreness, although he may only miss one Cactus League start. There is some good news out of camp regarding Michael Brantley's recovery as he was cleared to return to the playing field. Lastly, the guys finish off the Smoke Signals positional previews with a look at the Indians bench.
- Jason Kipnis shut down again with rotator cuff strain and is questionable for opening day.
- Carlos Carrasco to miss next Cactus League start with elbow inflammation. MRI revealed no structural damage.
- Michael Brantley cleared to play in minor league spring games and hits two-run homer in second at-bat on Wednesday.
- Positional Preview - Bench:
- Who will be the Indians' primary utility player(s)?
- Backup catcher: Roberto Perez or Yan Gomes.
- The Brandon Guyer/Lonnie Chisenhall platoon.
- Will the Indians carry a fifth outfielder?
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI, @JakeDBaseball and @blbowers12. Thanks again for listening!