Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
With Jason Kipnis potentially out for the first month of the season, how should the Tribe compensate with their roster? Will they move Jose Ramirez over to cover second base? Is this the break that Yandy Diaz has been looking for to crack the big league roster? How do Erik Gonzalez and/or Michael Martinez fit into the mix? These are questions Indians manager Terry Francona will have to address in these final weeks of spring training before opening day. In the meantime, Jake and Tony are joined once again by IBI draft expert Jeff Ellis to make their predictions for how the roster will shake out as well as provide a Michael Brantley update, discuss the World Baseball Classic and debut a new segment on the show.
- The United States' 8-0 win over Puerto Rico to capture their first ever World Baseball Classic title.
- How should the Indians cover for the ailing Jason Kipnis in April?
- Terry Francona now open to moving Jose Ramirez to second base.
- Indians not yet confident in Yandy Diaz's defense.
- Will we see another year of Michael Martinez in Cleveland?
- Is Richie Shaffer a dark horse candidate for a roster spot?
- Michael Brantley returns to Cactus League play appearing in three games this week, including his first back-to-back games.
- The debut of a new segment: "Buy or Sell?"
- Final roster spot predictions.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI, @JakeDBaseball and @jeffMLBdraft. Thanks again for listening!