"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
Another season of Major League Baseball is fast approaching and with it, Jake and Jamie are gearing up for the weekly version of the League Digest podcast. In this week's episode, the guys highlight this week's biggest headlines, including the Indians and Rangers signing key player extensions and Jung Ho Kang's current visa issues. Plus, they provide a recap of the World Baseball Classic championship and take a look at a few of the more interesting player storylines to keep an eye on in 2017.
- Indians sign Jose Ramirez to a 4-year/$26 million extension with two club options.
- Rangers closing in on a 6-year/$49.5 million extension with 2B Rougned Odor.
- Jung Ho Kang denied entry into US due to rejected work visa. 2017 season with Pirates in question.
- United States takes first World Baseball Classic crown with 8-0 win over Puerto Rico.
- Players changing positions/sports:
- Former NFL QB Tim Tebow in camp with the Mets as an outfielder.
- Former Chiefs safety Sanders Commings signs minor league contract with Braves.
- Padres catcher Christian Bethancourt transitioning to pitching. Is this the start of a new era of utility players?
- General MLB preseason predictions.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!