Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
Opening day is finally upon us and with it, the beginning of the Indians quest to return to the Fall Classic and capture that elusive World Series title. The Indians finalized their roster this week, save the decision of whether Michael Brantley will join the club on opening day or begin the season on the disabled list, by handing rising star prospect Yandy Diaz, veteran utility player Michael Martinez and reliever Shawn Armstrong the final spots. Additionally, they locked up one of their key players long term by inking Jose Ramirez to a 5-year extension. Jake, Tony and Jeff discuss all this news in the final week of spring training and reveal their official predictions for the Indians in 2017.
- Indians sign Jose Ramirez to a 5-year/$26 million extension with club options for 2022 and 2023
- Lonnie Chisenhall to begin the season on the 10-day disabled list with a mild AC joint strain.
- Indians add Yandy Diaz and Michael Martinez to the opening day roster and option Giovanny Urshela and Erik Gonzalez to Columbus.
- Tribe now "hopeful" Michael Brantley is ready by opening day.
- Shawn Armstrong wins final bullpen spot over Nick Goody and Kyle Crockett.
- Constructing the ideal 2017 Indians lineup.
- Official season predictions for the Tribe.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI, @JakeDBaseball and @jeffMLBdraft. Thanks again for listening!