"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
Are the Indians and Cubs on a collision course for each other once again in 2017? Will the Red Sox, Dodgers and Nationals also be the top teams in each league? How much of a factor will teams like the Astros and Mets play in the playoff races? These are the questions that loom ahead for the upcoming season and, of course, there's always the chance of a surprise team (or teams) working their way into the mix over the course of a 162-game season. Jake and Jamie are here to lock in their predictions for each division in baseball and also review some of the top headlines from this past week.
- Cardinals sign C Yadier Molina to a 3-year extension between $55 and $65 million.
- Blue Jays extend manager John Gibbons to an extension that runs through 2019 with a club option for 2020.
- Mariners LHP Drew Smyly to miss first 6-8 weeks with left flexor strain.
- Michael Brantley (unofficially) makes Indians opening day roster.
- MLB Season Previews:
- American League (division and wild card picks).
- National League (division and wild card picks).
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!