The Tribe added Edwin Encarnacion, Austin Jackson and Boone Logan this off-season in an effort to travel on another a magical World Series run in 2017.
Not only did the organization dive into the free agent pool and become a favorite to win the American League pennant, but they also made some substantial renovations to Progressive Field. All of these improvements were unveiled to the media on Wednesday.
New Features at Progressive Field
- A new set of LED lights with 20-30% more brightness were installed over the winter to significantly reduce glare and shadows on the playing field. This lighting system is designed to increase energy savings by approximately 70%.
- Free wireless internet (Wi-Fi) will be available at each home game this year under the network entitled, "Indians WiFi."
- Cleveland Clinic is officially the Indians' exclusive health care provider for both players and fans in attendance at Progressive Field. In addition to being a sponsor for Indians.com and the Indians Radio Network, Cleveland Clinic will partner with community programs like Kluber's Kids, Edwin's Squad, Friends of Francona and the Cleveland Indians Wives Association.
- Market Garden Brewery is scheduled to make its debut in section 133 at Progressive Field with a wide array of menu options, including its popular brews, Veal Parmesan Sliders, Nano Slider Trio, Po'Man and Grilled Asian Salmon.
- Eleven suites parallel to the third base line were remodeled into six Pennant Party suites this off-season. The Tribe expects these areas to accommodate large groups ranging from 24 to 240 people.
- Fans are encouraged to get engaged with the Ballpark App to help manage their ticket purchases and unlock exclusive giveaways and prizes. Mobile-only gates located throughout the stadium allow these fans to skip the long lines and enter in a quick and efficient manner.
- The Indians have enhanced their customer service department and hope to bring the best fan experience possible for every game.