"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
Opening week has come and gone and with it a number of headlines across baseball and Jake and Jamie are on top of it all. This week, MLB introduced a new method for tracking pitch velocity using Statcast, but is it more accurate? Plus, the Miami Marlins may have a buyer and Tim Tebow starts his first professional season on a high note.
- MLB now using pitch Statcast for pitch velocity readings, causing an average uptick of 0.6 mph across the league.
- Derek Jeter reportedly among interested parties to buy the Miami Marlins.
- Orioles signs Edwin Jackson to a minor league deal.
- Ryan Howard agrees to minor league deal with Atlanta.
- Matt Harvey solid in first start of 2017.
- Tim Tebow homers in first minor league game.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!