Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
The Indians have had a run of tough luck the last week losing five of their last six games and are struggling to score runs. Between Edwin Encarnacion's early slump, Yan Gomes continuing to put up abysmal numbers at the plate and the team having issues with runners in scoring position, things are definitely not going quite as expected thus far. Jake is joined by guest host Corey Crisan to discuss these early problems and whether they are truly concerns for the long haul. Plus, they talk about Michael Brantley's gradual return to form, whether Josh Tomlin is on a short leash and some of the recent roster decisions.
- Tribe offense struggling out of the gates.
- Who should be the starting catcher?
- Is Josh Tomlin on a short leash after getting shelled in his first two starts.
- Michael Brantley hits walk-off double in the home opener and clubs first home run on Thursday.
- Tribe activates Lonnie Chisenhall, options Tyler Naquin to Columbus.
- Jason Kipnis hit on the hand in rehab game in Akron, but could resume rehab on Saturday.
- Preview Detroit series.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @cdcrisan. Thanks again for listening!