"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
Have the Pirates' playoff hopes in 2017 already been squelched with the suspension of Starling Marte? Are the Marlins close to finally being sold? Is Josh Hamilton done in baseball? Is Chief Wahoo on its way out in Cleveland? Jake and Jamie try to answer some of these questions in this week's League Digest as they discuss a full slate of headlines from this week in the world of baseball. Plus, we put out another trivia question for listeners to try and answer as well as another edition of this week in baseball history.
- Star Pirates outfielder Starling Marte suspended for 80 games for PED usage.
- Should we be suspicious about Eric Thames' red-hot start?
- Marlins bidding war: Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush reportedly joining forces to make offer; Tom Glavine joins bidding group with Tagg Romney. Bids top $1.3 billion.
- Jose Fernandez statue to be erected at Marlins Park this fall.
- Madison Bumgarner out 6-8 weeks after being injured in dirt bike accident.
- Rangers release Josh Hamilton.
- MLB in discussions with the Indians about phasing out Chief Wahoo logo.
- Francisco Lindor reportedly turns down an extension worth $100 million from Indians.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!