Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
April is just about in the books in 2017 and the Indians appear to be in pretty good shape with a plus-.500 record and some early individual early-season success from guys like Francisco Lindor, Michael Brantley, Jose Ramirez, etc. For one thing, Brantley looks like he's almost back to where he was before his shoulder injury. Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco are leading the way for the rotation. The bullpen is locking it down with Cody Allen, Andrew Miller and Bryan Shaw. Jake and guest host Corey Crisan discuss the first month of the campaign for the Tribe as well as some of the key headlines and highlights.
- Indians beat Astros in playoff-like series.
- Michael Brantley staying healthy and returning to form.
- Is Lonnie Chisenhall the Indians' new starting center fielder?
- Francisco Lindor reportedly turns down $100 million extension. What will it take to lock him up?
- Cody Allen pitching off the charts early on in 2017.
- April assessment.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @cdcrisan. Thanks again for listening!