"Farm Report" is a weekly prospect analysis podcast hosted by Jake Dungan and Corey Crisan as they discuss all the latest news and notes regarding the Indians' farm system.
A few short months ago, Richie Shaffer was a little-known name on major league baseball's transaction page as he spent a lot of the offseason in waiver wire limbo. Now he's hitting bombs for the Columbus Clippers and catching the attention of fans as well as, surely, some of the higher-ups within the organization. The question is can his hot hitting be enough to earn him a spot in Cleveland, if one even opens up? Jake and Corey are here to try and provide an answer as well as look at what other prospects have been on a tear recently.
- Can Richie Shaffer's performance in Columbus open the door for him in Cleveland?
- Has Mike Papi finally turned things around at the plate?
- Willi Castro and Andrew Calica adjusting to the Carolina League.
- Triston McKenzie finally faces adversity in last start.
- Introducing Ryder Ryan.
- Reveal the Player of the Week.
- Make predictions for next week's Player of the Week.
- Final Thoughts.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @cdcrisan.Thanks again for listening!