Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
While the Indians have managed to keep their heads above water for most of the season up to this point, they have had recurring issues with inconsistency and, more recently, injuries as their ace Corey Kluber and veteran outfielder Austin Jackson are now on the shelf. In this week's episode, Jake and Tony discuss these injuries and what they mean for the Tribe as well as some of the other early-season problems that have surfaced and whether they are worth being concerned about. Plus, they talk about Yan Gomes' recent hot streak and Cody Allen getting some recognition for his impressive pitching thus far.
- Indians 4-series win streak snapped in Detroit.
- Corey Kluber (lower back strain) and Austin Jackson (big toe) placed on 10-day DL.
- Are We Concerned?
- Kluber's lingering back issues dating back to spring training.
- Encarnacion's slow start (strikeouts are up).
- Brandon Guyer's early struggles.
- Indians struggling against left-handed pitching.
- Josh Tomlin and Trevor Bauer's inconsistency.
- Yan Gomes turning things around at the plate.
- Cody Allen named AL Reliever of the Month for April.
- Preview Royals series.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @TonyIBI. Thanks again for listening!