"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
From racist taunts, to hard slides to hit batsman, this week's four-game set between the Red Sox and Orioles had a lot of fireworks as tempers flared on both sides. Jake and Jamie are here to talk about all the factors that were at play this week at Fenway. Plus, they discuss how Aaron Judge is already making his presence known in the AL Rookie of the Year race and why a decision by Noah Syndergaard may have cost himself and his team dearly.
- Adam Jones receives racist taunts from fans in Boston. Red Sox considering lifetime ban for fans who use racist taunts.
- Red Sox and Orioles playing bean ball after Machado's controversial slide into second against Pedroia.
- Tagg Romney-led group reportedly submits higher bid to buy Marlins than Bush/Jeter group.
- Judgement Day: Aaron Judge leading the majors with 13 homers.
- Noah Syndergaard placed on DL with torn lat muscle in first start after refusing MRI.
- Pitch-less in Seattle: James Paxton (forearm strain) joins Drew Smyly (flexor strain) and Felix Hernandez (shoulder bursitis) on the disabled list.
- Former Dodgers All-Star closer Eric Gagne signs with Long Island Ducks in comeback attempt.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!