Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
The Indians have had a rash of injuries just over the last two weeks that have landed two players on the disabled list and put three on the day-to-day watch. Fortunately, none appear to be serious or season-threatening, but having key guys like ace pitcher Corey Kluber and star left fielder Michael Brantley on the shelf for any extended period of time is not ideal for a team looking to get back to and win the World Series. In a bit of cross-podcast-promotion, Jake and doctor of physical therapy Brandon Bowers talk all these injuries as well as mounting concerns about the Indians starting pitching.
- Indians go 4-5 on road trip, capped off by walk-off loss to Toronto.
- Concerns about starting rotation mounting.
- Will Trevor Bauer and Danny Salazar be able to turn their game around?
- Can Mike Clevinger take one of the rotation spots even after Kluber returns?
- Indians Injuries:
- Kluber will not return from DL when eligible (lower back strain).
- Michael Brantley sprains ankle. Listed as day-to-day.
- Abraham Almonte day-to-day with shoulder strain.
- Austin Jackson on 10-day DL with hyperextended big toe. Eligible for activation on Saturday.
- Greg Allen undergoes surgery to repair broken hamate bone. Out 4-6 in Double-A Akron.
- Is Richie Shaffer the next position player who could be called up by the Indians?
- Preview homestand.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Also subscribe to our "Getting Physical" podcast. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @blbowers12. Thanks again for listening!