Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
With the quarter pole coming up fast, the continued struggles of the starting pitching are becoming more than an early-season cold streak. Tony rejoins Jake this week on Smoke Signals to discuss what's going on with scuffling arms like Danny Salazar, Josh Tomlin and Trevor Bauer and whether alternative options need to be considered either internally or externally. Plus, the guys talk about the early promotion of top prospect Bradley Zimmer and what implications it could have as far as his immediate major league potential, his service time and how long he will stay in Cleveland this first time around.
- Indians go 2-4 on homestand against Minnesota and Tampa Bay.
- Josh Tomlin, Danny Salazar and Mike Clevinger struggling as concerns about the starting pitching continue to build.
- Bradley Zimmer called up to take place of injured Abraham Almonte.
- Lineup reconstruction: Kipnis moved to leadoff, Encarnacion moved out of cleanup spot.
- Indians DFA and trade Michael Martinez to Tampa Bay for cash considerations.
- Preview Astros series.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @TonyIBI. Thanks again for listening!