"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
Things were hotter than usual in Atlanta as a rare interleague rivalry appears to have been born between the Blue Jays and Braves. It started with a fateful hit-by-pitch that landed Braves slugger Freddie Freeman on the disabled list for potentially two months and ended with a Jose Bautista bat flip that led to benches clearing. Jake and Jamie provide their takes and opinions on everything that went down a Sun Trust Park this week as well as some of the other top stories in Major League Baseball.
- Blue Jays and Braves mix it up in interleague series.
> Freddie Freeman breaks wrist after being hit by a pitch (out 8-10 weeks).
> Kevin Pillar suspended for two games after using homophobic slur after strikeout.
> Benches clear after Jose Bautista bat flip on solo homer.
- Major League Baseball to stream games on Facebook every Friday without blackout restrictions.
- Rob Manfred hopeful to have MLB regular season games in Europe by 2019.
- Fan dies after fall over railing at Wrigley Field after last Wednesday's game.
- Squirrel interrupts Indians-Twins game on Saturday.
- Former President George W. Bush photobombs field reporter during Rangers broadcast.
- Rays owner says team "progressing" towards new ballpark in Tampa Bay area.
- Giants to enshrine Barry Bonds on Wall of Fame in July.
- A-Rod to join Shark Tank investor panel in upcoming season.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!