"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
How long can you hold a grudge? Well, apparently Hunter Strickland can hold one for three years as he hit Nationals slugger Bryce Harper with a pitch, causing a brawl to ensue. So who was in the wrong and what punishments have been handed down from the league? Jake and Jamie provide their takes on the fight in San Francisco as well as an unfortunate injury to one of the game's biggest stars and how the Mets drama this season has now spread to a mascot level in this week's edition of the League Digest podcast.
- Melee in San Francisco: Hunter Strickland hits Bryce Harper with a pitch, sparking a benches-clearing brawl.
- Mike Trout to undergo surgery to repair torn UCL ligament in his left thumb. Out 6-8 weeks.
- Rangers DFA closer Sam Dyson.
- Adam Wainwright becomes the first pitcher in Cardinals history to pitch a shutout while driving in the only run(s) of the game (6th pitcher in MLB history).
- Mr. Met caught on camera flipping off fans.
- Indians move struggling Salazar to the bullpen.
- Ken "Hawk" Harrelson to retire after the 2018 season.
- Jeb Bush backs out of Marlins bidding group after dispute over controlling interests with Derek Jeter.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!