"League Digest" is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
History was made three times this week between Scooter Gennett's four-homer game, Edinson Volquez's no-hitter and Albert Pujols joining the 600 home run club. Jake and Jamie discuss all the details of these feats. plus other headlines from this week in baseball. Also, with the All-Star Game only a month away, the guys reveal their All-Star ballots as they make picks for all the starting positions in each league.
- Scooter Gennett becomes 17th player in MLB history (first in Reds history) to hit four homers in a game going 5-for-5 with 10 RBI's against Cardinals on Tuesday.
- Edinson Volquez tosses first no-hitter of 2017 for Marlins.
- Albert Pujols joins 600 home run club with grand slam against Twins last Saturday.
- David Price blasts Boston media for alleged unfair treatment. Now will only talk to reporters on days he pitches.
- Mariners sign SS Jean Segura to 5-year, $70 million extension.
- MLB investigating Rays C Derek Norris and Cubs SS Addison Russell after domestic violence allegations.
- MLB All-Star picks.
- Trivia question.
- This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!