Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
What was likely only supposed to be a temporary opening has since left the Indians and manager Terry Francona with a quandary. Should they keep Daniel Robertson on the roster when the rehabbing Abraham Almonte and Brandon Guyer are ready for activation? His peripherals suggest that he should not be playing as well as he has, but he's performed far beyond expectations and provided a spark and some hustle for this team. Jake and guest host Corey Crisan weigh into the situation as well as other news and notes from this week with the Tribe.
- Indians split homestand, but start out road trip on a high note.
- Is there a mentality shift from last season that is leading to the team's offensive inconsistency?
- Should the Indians keep Daniel Robertson when Abraham Almonte and/or Brandon Guyer return?
- Tinkering with the lineup.
- Is Erik Gonzalez in a good spot as the Indians' utility player?
- Preview road trip.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @cdcrisan. Thanks again for listening!