2. SEATTLE (2) - Good news: no more games against the Padres (They didn't really give up 6 in the 9th to lose on Sunday did they?)
3. NY YANKEES (3) - Oh, big deal. Anyone can beat the Mets.
4. SAN FRANCISCO (6) - Bonds joins the 500-500 Club - who hasn't done that? Oh yeah, everyone to ever play the game... Bonds IS the 500-500 Club.
5. BOSTON (8) - You shouldn't run up the score - it makes it harder for the other team to come back and beat you in the 9th.
6. PHILADELPHIA (10) - Have won 8 of 9 - including 2 of 3 in Atlanta - to climb back into the race.
7. OAKLAND (5) - Wow, Eric Byrnes hits for the cycle - how often does that happen?
8. TORONTO (7) - Halladay falls short in bid to win 12 in a row... what a failure.
9. ARIZONA (15) - Who needs Schilling or Johnson anyway? or Hillenbrand... or Spivey... or Womack... or Mantei.
10. LOS ANGELES (4) - 3 starters (Nomo, Brown, Ishii) sporting ERAs under 3.00.
11. MONTREAL (11) - See: Oakland (and replace "Eric Byrnes" with "Brad Wilkerson").
12. ST. LOUIS (16) - Hart of the team: .460, 12 runs, 33 total bases in 9 games; looks like Bo knows baseball.
13a. KANSAS CITY (14) - Back in first, but they could still deal Beltran to someone like the Yankees for a batting cage or something.
13b. MINNESOTA (13) - They've managed to choke away the AL Central lead - don't even see how that's possible.
15. CHICAGO CUBS (12) - You traded Dontrelle Willis for what?!?
16. ANAHEIM (19) - This just in: Troy Glaus has been corking his bat with lead (now 6 for his last 63).
17. HOUSTON (9) - 1-5 and Jeff Kent to the DL makes for a bad week.
18. COLORADO (17) - Is there a more average team in baseball?
19. CHICAGO WHITE SOX (21) - Somehow this team is just 4 1/2 games back of the division lead (good old AL Central).
20. FLORIDA (18) - Probably shouldn't be giving up 14 runs in 1 inning if you ever want to win anything.
21. CINCINNATI (20) - Yeah, well, at least they didn't give up 25 runs in one game.
22. PITTSBURGH (24) - Well, if nothing else, they beat up on 11-game winner Shawn Chacon.
23. BALTIMORE (23) - What? I have to write something about the Orioles every week?
24. MILWAUKEE (26) - Every time they play a game, I play my own little game of hoping that game gets cancelled.
25. NY METS (22) - They actually found a way to do worse than usual this week.
26. CLEVELAND (25) - So... uh... what's LeBron doing right now?
27. TEXAS (27) - Good choice Juan!
28. SAN DIEGO (29) - Bad news: no more games against Seattle (they didn't really score 6 in the 9th to win on Sunday did they?)
29. TAMPA BAY (28) - On pace to finish a respectable 49 games out of first. It's a three-year plan, though, right Lou?
30. DETROIT (30) - On pace to finish 5 billion games out of first.
Luke Lapinski lives in Tempe, AZ and attends the Arizona State University, where he hosts the radio show, "The Mad UnderGrads." He once ate a hot dog from the Kingdome and survived to tell about it. Luke enjoys reading feedback, and can be reached at email@example.com.