Bishop, coming off of being recognized for the All-Pac-12 and All-Pac-12 Defensive (second straight season) Teams and earning an Honorable Mention for the Pac-12 All-Academic Team for the performance he turned in for the Dawgs during this -- his junior -- season, hit .295/.394/.440 in 49 games as the Huskies starting center fielder in 2015 and hit .293/.385/.377 in 149 games during his UW career overall. But he definitely is most known for the defensive gems that he turned in while wearing the Purple and Gold. Plays like this and like this.
After tabbing Bishop -- the 12th University of Washington player drafted in Mariners' history -- in the 3rd Round, Seattle made seven more selections as the draft moved through Round 10 to end the second day. Those picks were:
- 4th round (125) - Dylan Thompson, RHP, Socastee High School (SC)
- 5th round (155) - Drew Jackson, SS, Stanford University
- 6th round (185) - Kyle Wilcox, RHP, Bryant University
- 7th round (215) - Ryan Uhl, 1B, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- 8th round (245) - Cody Mobley, RHP, Mount Vernon High School (IN)
- 9th round (275) - Conner Hale, 1B/3B, Louisiana State University
- 10th round (305) - Darin Gillies, RHP, Arizona State University
The 2015 MLB Draft wraps up with Rounds 11 through 40 on Wednesday. In the next week we will detail all of the picks from the Draft and start to build the updated top prospect list for the Mariners organization -- stay tuned!
Looking for more Mariners news, articles and player interviews? Want to keep up with which prospects are hot and cold for the M's? "Like" SeattleClubhouse on Facebook and follow SeattleClubhouse site Editor Rick Randall on Twitter at @randallball.