1. HOUSTON – Putting their league best 90 runs to good use.
2. FLORIDA – Giving up a ridiculous 2.16 runs per game.
3. OAKLAND - Jim Mecir leads the AL in holds with 4. That's the kind of
stat you're just not going to get anywhere else.
4. LOS ANGELES - Wait, Jose Lima's here now? What, is it just Lima time
5. MINNESOTA - If everyone's hurt, do they just play out the rest of the
season with replacement players? You know, like the Expos?
6. BOSTON - Yeah! Way to win a series from the Yankees when it really
7. ANAHEIM - Off to a powerful start. Does that mean Eckstein's on
8. CHI. WHITE SOX - Back-to-back wins in their last at bat has made them
exciting at least.
9. ATLANTA - Whatever happened to Mike Hampton? (0-1, 8.56 ERA)
11. BALTIMORE - Quietly sitting atop the highly touted AL East. Not for
long, but they are right now.
12. NY YANKEES - One more loss and everyone's fired.
13. CINCINNATI - Adam Dunn's hitting .400. Adam Dunn! That's like twice
his average from last year!
13. CHI. CUBS - Uh, yeah. If Prior's done for the year, we'll see you in
2005. Blame Bartman.
14. PHILADELPHIA - Well, time to rebuild the Vet.
15. DETROIT - How do you account for the Tigers' miraculous run to the top
of the AL Central? It's two weeks into the season, that's how.
16. PITTSBURGH - Believe it or not, Raul Mondesi is in a court case against
a guy who claims to have helped Mondesi get better over the last couple
years. And Mondesi isn't the one filing charges!
17. SAN DIEGO - Look out Padres, PETA is mad at you. No team that has
angered PETA has ever gone on to win the World Series that year.
18. ST LOUIS - Two words to solve all of your pitching problems: (1) Rick
19. SAN FRANCISCO - Marquis Grissom hits two home runs in one game - two! -
and all anyone can talk about is this Bonds character.
20. SEATTLE - Don't worry. Constantly losing to your division rivals
doesn't matter that much anyway. Unless you're trying to make the playoffs
21. TEXAS - Everything's bigger in Texas. That includes R.A. Dickey's ERA
22. TAMPA BAY - Victor Zambrano already has 3 wins. Yes, that does scare
23. COLORADO - Maybe if baseball switched over to the BCS, they'd be ranked
24. MILWAUKEE - Well, their 6 wins have exceeded my expectations for the
25. NY METS - It concerns me that you would even want to read anything
about the Mets.
26. ARIZONA - Shhh. Roberto Alomar's trying to sleep. Or else trying to
bat - I can't tell the difference anymore.
27. TORONTO - And your hats are stupid looking too.
28. KANSAS CITY - Losing 6 in a row just won't get in done in this
division. Ok, yeah it will.
29. CLEVELAND - (David) Riske Business: 5 innings pitched, 2 blown saves
(but he's whittled the ERA down to 12.60). Is it really a risk if you
know what's going to happen?
30. MONTREAL - They aren't that bad at baseball. If you replace "that bad"
with "good". And "baseball" with "anything."
Stand up for your favorite team and give Luke a piece of your mind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luke's Power Rankings
Seattle Clubhouse Top Stories
MLB Postseason Schedule ReleasedThe 2016 MLB Postseason schedule has been released.
Indians Baseball Insider08/23/2016
Braves acquire Collmenter, WielandThe Atlanta Braves are making an effort for next season as they have acquired two decent quality starting pitchers.
Griffey officially joins the Hall of FameMariners' great Ken Griffey, Jr. officially entered the Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday and paid tribute to his first organization in a stirring speech.
Mariners trade Wade LeBlanc to the PiratesOn Tuesday, a veteran lefty was traded from the Seattle Mariners to the Pittsburgh Pirates, that veteran being Wade LeBlanc.