- Wisconsin OF Calvin Beamon retired. Beamon was hitting .239 in 53 games in his second season with the Timber Rattlers. Beamon was signed in 2007 as an undrafted free agent. He played at the college level at Texas and UNLV.
- Pitcher Joseph Kantakevich joins the Rattlers today. He began the season at High Desert, where he posted a 26.04 ERA in 11 appearances. Kantakevich appeared in 48 games for Wisconsin in 2007, posting a 2.55 ERA. He has not pitched since May 4th.
- Pitcher Donnie Hume was moved up from Wisconsin to High Desert. Hume was 6-2 with a 2.44 ERA in 11 starts for the Timber Rattlers. He allowed three earned runs or fewer in 10 of his 11 starts.
- Pitcher Natividad Dilone was added to the Wisconsin roster to take Hume's place. Dilone has not pitched in the organization this season, but made 11 appearances with the Rattlers last year, posting a 3.00 ERA in 18 innings.
- Pitcher David Asher was released by the Mariners on Monday. He posted a 6.75 ERA in 28 appearances with High Desert.
- Pitcher Kyle Parker and shortstop Carlos Triunfel were placed on the DL yesterday by High Desert. Parker gave up 7 runs in 1 2/3 innings in his start on Tuesday, raising his season ERA to 4.30. Triunfel has struggled offensively all season, and is hitting .233 with a .284 OBP in 51 games.
On the good news front, the Timber Rattlers are listing Phillippe Aumont as their starting pitcher for Monday, June 23rd. And Wisconsin's Ronald Garth was named Midwest League Offensive Player of the Week for last week. Garth hit .441 (15-for-34) with five doubles, two homers, and nine RBI.