Hitting and hitting for power. He was a good athlete in high school and with hard work developed into a professional prospect.
2. In what areas does Bladergroen need to continue to improve if he is to succeed and become a MLB player?
He needs to work hard on his defense.
3. Please confirm that Bladergroen set career marks in home runs and RBIs for the Runnin' Lopes. And, that during Bladergroen's 2 seasons, the Runnin' Lopes had a combined 107-12 record.
Yes 49 HR' s and 166 RBI in addition school records for career average .439 & hits 175. 108 - 17
4. Please confirm that Ian Bladergroen was USA Today (Baseball Weekly) Alaska player of the year in 2000?
NO. Louisville Slugger player of the week in the early spring.
5. What was Ian Bladergroen's most outstanding moment for the Runnin' Lopes?
Tying the school record 32 home runs in a season.
6. Any other moments you'd care to share?
Player of the week was big.
7. What are Ian Bladergroen's best tools?
Hitting for average and power.
8. Bladergroen was successful in 8 out of 8 stolen base attempts. Was this due to good speed or good base running instincts and techniques? Or a combination of both?
Only below average speed. Poor catching.
9. What sort of power projection does Ian Bladergroen possess, should he reach the major leagues?
10. Are there any interesting human interest regarding volunteer work, family background or personal interest for Ian Bladergroen?
Strong leadership skills on student senate & as a student ambassador. Involved with FCA.
Thanks again Coach Crampton so very much on the behalf of mets.theinsiders.com for participating in this e-mail question and answer session. And, again congratulations on a very successful seasons.
Do you have an opinion on the Mets? Be sure to let us know on the message board. NYfansonly.com is always looking for die-hard Mets fans who would like to be writers for the site. Click here to learn more on how to become a Mets beat writer for NYfansonly.com.