· Per each start this season, teams are batting .253 against Jae Weong Seo in his first three innings pitched - that average spikes to .296 over following three innings.
· Al Leiter and Tom Glavine are allowing more than a runner and a half on base per inning, which is second and seventh worst, respectively, in the NL - only Cincinnati and Texas rank worse than the Mets as a team.
· The Mets have had more games started by rookies then any other team in Major League Baseball.
· In his first 131 at-bats, Jose Reyes is batting .267 - in the first 130 at-bats or their careers, Miguel Tejada, Alfonso Soriano, and Nomar Garciaparra were hitting .213, .227, and .268 respectively.
· Reyes is hitting .328 during the month of July
· Players entering free agency at the end of the 2003 season include; starting pitchers Bartolo Colon, Andy Pettitte, Kevin Millwood, Sidney Ponson, Cory Lidle, and Kelvim Escobar; as well as position players such as Gary Sheffield, Luis Castillo, Miguel Tejada, Shannon Stewart, Mike Cameron, Vladimir Guerrero, and Japanese SS Kaz Matsui.