The Padres, along with 14 other clubs hosting games on September 7, will collect funds from fans wishing to donate at the game for the American Red Cross relief effort. MLB will match what is collected in ballpark that day, up to $1 million. Additional elements of the September 7 program include players wearing an American Red Cross patch. The American Red Cross logo, along with the telephone number to call in donations, will appear on the sides of the bases. Continuing through the remainder of the season, MLB.com will also donate $1 to the relief effort for every purchase made on the website. The total contribution from MLB, MLBPA and the clubs is expected to exceed $3 million.
On Saturday, September 10, the Padres, Jake Peavy and the Mighty 1090 invite fans to join in supporting the team and its relief efforts at PETCO Park's Park at the Park. Gates to the Park open at 12:30 p.m. as fans are invited to watch the Padres-Dodgers game live from Dodger Stadium on the large video board. This is a free event to help in the relief efforts and kick off the club's Pennant Push, with the first 500 fans to arrive receiving a free Padres Pennant Push T-shirt. Fans are encouraged to donate to the American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts, and supporters that make a minimum donation of $10 will receive a Jake Peavy bobblehead doll while supplies last. In addition, the Padres are encouraging local businesses to partner with the team in these efforts.
Wednesday, Sept. 7, Padres vs. Rockies
7:05 p.m. - PETCO Park
• Donations to be collected at PETCO Park and 14 other parks hosting games with MLB to match funds raised up to $1 million
• Players will wear an American Red Cross patch and a Red Cross logo and telephone number will appear on the sides of the bases
Saturday, Sept. 10, Padres at Dodgers
1:10 p.m. - Park at the Park, Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
• Fans are encouraged to donate to the American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts, and supporters that that make a minimum donation of $10 will receive a Jake Peavy bobblehead doll while supplies last
• Free Pennant T-Shirts for the first 500 fans
• Activities for kids, contests and entertainment between innings and concessions for sale as well