"Padres fans have a lot to be excited about heading into 2006, so we're giving them an early opportunity to get in on the action," said Padres Executive Vice President/Communications Jeff Overton. "Over the past two seasons, support from Padres fans has never been greater. This is yet another way for us to offer a unique baseball experience to our fans."
Highlighted fan activities at the event include:
• Unique opportunities to go onto the PETCO Park playing field
• Behind the scenes tours
• Autograph sessions with Padres players and coaches
• Interactive baseball seminars with Padres players past and present, as well as coaches and front office executives
• World Baseball Classic question and answer sessions
• Historical baseball displays
Also, in conjunction with the event, the Padres will hold their semi-annual garage sale benefiting the Padres Foundation for Children. Items from the sale include game-used bats, jerseys and batting helmets as well as Padres' banners and autographed balls.
Admission to each day of the event is $5 while children five and under can enter for free. Tickets for FriarFest are on sale now at padres.com.