The start of the 2007 season will mark the Wizards 15th anniversary in Fort Wayne and ninth as an affiliate of the San Diego Padres.
The schedule next year includes 17 weekend games in the second half of the season (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) starting on June 29, with a total of 33 weekend games on the year. For the first time since the 2003 season, Fort Wayne will be on the road for a portion of the Memorial Day Weekend. The Wizards will be at Memorial Stadium on Friday, May 25 and Saturday, May 26, against the defending Midwest League champion West Michigan Whitecaps (Detroit Tigers affiliate) but will visit West Michigan on Sunday and Monday of the holiday weekend.
The home portion of the schedule also features three 10-game homestands (Sunday, April 15 – Tuesday, April 24; Friday, May 4 – Sunday, May 13; and Monday, June 25 – Wednesday, July 4), with a total of 41 games at Memorial Stadium in June, July and August. The Wizards will also have a home game on Wednesday, July 4, their first game at Memorial Stadium on the Fourth of July since the 2004 season.
The 2007 home schedule is highlighted by:
• 15 post-game fireworks shows – the most in team history, including a pre-Fourth of July event on Tuesday, July 3rd
• Eleven (11) Dollar Mondays ($1.00 hot dogs, soft drinks and beer)
• Eleven (11) Sunday Family Days with post-game autographs and photos with Wizards players
• The 8th Annual Scout Campouts with the Boy Scouts on Friday, June 1 and the Girl Scouts on Saturday, June 16
• Appearances by national acts Myron Noodleman, the Zooperstars, Bird Zerk and Jake, the Diamond Dog
• The annual Christian Concert (date and band, TBD) and Christian Speaker (date and speaker, TBD)
Season ticket packages, the 33-game weekender ticket plan and three different 10-game mini-plans are on sale for the 2007 season. Also, group tickets are currently available for events for next season. For ticket information regarding the 2007 Wizards ticket plans or to plan your group event, contact the Wizards ticket sales staff at 260-482-6400.
Individual tickets for the 2007 season will go on sale in mid-February.
Wizards Ware, the team souvenir store, will be open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during the off-season and for the upcoming holidays.