- After giving up on him in June, right-handed reliever Esmil Rogers has pitched pretty well for the Indians: 23 G 31 IP 2.61 ERA 26 H 7 BB 32 K 1.06 WHIP 150 ERA+.
- Josh Rutledge has had the best first 111 plate appearances anyone has had in a Rockies uniform. The rookie shortstop is hitting .327/.342/.626 which ranks 12th all-time for NL rookies with at least 105 plate appearances. While it'd be foolish to expect him to keep up this pace he has certainly forced his way into the Rockies future plans.
- Rookie catcher Wilin Rosario has a .799 OPS and 97 OPS+ despite a .285 OBP. That is the highest OPS by a player with a sub-.285 OBP ever. Yes, I was as surprised looking that up as you are right now.
- Rockies top prospect Nolan Arenado has been on fire in August. Just one home run, but he's hitting .413 in 46 at-bats in 11 games. Of his 19 hits in August, 10 are doubles.
- Kyle Parker is having a very nice season in High-A Modesto. Parker is hitting .315 with 15 home runs and a 71/52 K/BB. Despite his history as a college quarterback for Clemson, Parker isn't an asset defensively so his bat must carry him going forward. It will be interesting to see how his bat does at the higher levels of the minors.
- Christian Bergman is also having a good season in Modesto. He's been incredibly consistent. On the season he's 14-5 with a 3.00 ERA. In his last 10 starts, he has a 2.90 ERA.
Rockies Notes: 8/13
Rockies Digest Top Stories
Breakdown of Yankees/White Sox TradeScout.com's prospect writer Jeff Ellis breaks down Tuesday's trade that landed the Yankees three major-league players and the White Sox a top prospect, a veteran reliever and two…
Hardball Scoop7:17 AM
Yankees, White Sox Complete 7-Player TradeThe Yankees have landed Todd Frazier and two well-regarded relievers from the White Sox in exchange for four players.
Hardball ScoopTuesday at 8:58 PM
Rockies Should Go All-In for Sonny GrayGiven that they’re deprived of a reliable top of the rotation, in a year where they're looking to make a deep playoff run, the Rockies should go all-in on acquiring Sonny Gray.
Hardball ScoopTuesday at 1:08 PM
Rockies Interested in Orioles' PitchingThe Colorado Rockies, a potential surprise playoff team, are searching for starting pitching help in order to bolster their chances at the postseason
Hardball ScoopTuesday at 12:25 PM
Syndergaard, Harvey resume throwing programA pair of Mets standout pitchers were videoed playing long toss during warm-ups on Monday.
Amazin ClubhouseMonday at 1:29 PM