- After giving up on him in June, right-handed reliever Esmil Rogers has pitched pretty well for the Indians: 23 G 31 IP 2.61 ERA 26 H 7 BB 32 K 1.06 WHIP 150 ERA+.
- Josh Rutledge has had the best first 111 plate appearances anyone has had in a Rockies uniform. The rookie shortstop is hitting .327/.342/.626 which ranks 12th all-time for NL rookies with at least 105 plate appearances. While it'd be foolish to expect him to keep up this pace he has certainly forced his way into the Rockies future plans.
- Rookie catcher Wilin Rosario has a .799 OPS and 97 OPS+ despite a .285 OBP. That is the highest OPS by a player with a sub-.285 OBP ever. Yes, I was as surprised looking that up as you are right now.
- Rockies top prospect Nolan Arenado has been on fire in August. Just one home run, but he's hitting .413 in 46 at-bats in 11 games. Of his 19 hits in August, 10 are doubles.
- Kyle Parker is having a very nice season in High-A Modesto. Parker is hitting .315 with 15 home runs and a 71/52 K/BB. Despite his history as a college quarterback for Clemson, Parker isn't an asset defensively so his bat must carry him going forward. It will be interesting to see how his bat does at the higher levels of the minors.
- Christian Bergman is also having a good season in Modesto. He's been incredibly consistent. On the season he's 14-5 with a 3.00 ERA. In his last 10 starts, he has a 2.90 ERA.
Rockies Notes: 8/13
Rockies Digest Top Stories
Rockies to promote David Dahl to majorsJust a year removed from a removal of a spleen, David Dahl will be in a major-league uniform.
Hardball ScoopYesterday at 11:31 PM
Report: Nats interested in Rockies' BlackmonWashington Nationals could consider adding a leadoff hitter prior to the trade deadline and Charlie Blackmon of the Colorado Rockies could be a candidate for that position.
Hardball ScoopTuesday at 5:43 PM
The Next Andrew MillerIf Andrew Miller is going to cost Clint Frazier or Bradley Zimmer, then the Cleveland Indians need to focus on finding the next Andrew Miller instead.
Waiting For Next YearTuesday at 8:02 AM
3-Stars of the Series: Mets vs. NationalsAmazin Clubhouse recaps the Mets final series before the All-Star break against the Nationals.
Report: Rockies' CarGo would welcome tradeCarlos Gonzalez would welcome a trade from the Colorado Rockies, reports Jon Heyman.