- After giving up on him in June, right-handed reliever Esmil Rogers has pitched pretty well for the Indians: 23 G 31 IP 2.61 ERA 26 H 7 BB 32 K 1.06 WHIP 150 ERA+.
- Josh Rutledge has had the best first 111 plate appearances anyone has had in a Rockies uniform. The rookie shortstop is hitting .327/.342/.626 which ranks 12th all-time for NL rookies with at least 105 plate appearances. While it'd be foolish to expect him to keep up this pace he has certainly forced his way into the Rockies future plans.
- Rookie catcher Wilin Rosario has a .799 OPS and 97 OPS+ despite a .285 OBP. That is the highest OPS by a player with a sub-.285 OBP ever. Yes, I was as surprised looking that up as you are right now.
- Rockies top prospect Nolan Arenado has been on fire in August. Just one home run, but he's hitting .413 in 46 at-bats in 11 games. Of his 19 hits in August, 10 are doubles.
- Kyle Parker is having a very nice season in High-A Modesto. Parker is hitting .315 with 15 home runs and a 71/52 K/BB. Despite his history as a college quarterback for Clemson, Parker isn't an asset defensively so his bat must carry him going forward. It will be interesting to see how his bat does at the higher levels of the minors.
- Christian Bergman is also having a good season in Modesto. He's been incredibly consistent. On the season he's 14-5 with a 3.00 ERA. In his last 10 starts, he has a 2.90 ERA.
Rockies Notes: 8/13
Rockies Digest Top Stories
Red Sox Sign Kyle Kendrick to Minors DealPitcher Kyle Kendrick and the Boston Red Sox have agreed to a minor league deal for the upcoming 2017 season.
Hardball ScoopThursday at 5:58 PM
Top 100 Stadium Experiences of 2016In 2016, the writers at Stadium Journey reviewed 761 different stadium experiences. We renewed our love for many of the venues that have consistently been on our best stadiums list…
Rockies, Nolan Arenado Agree on Two-Year DealThe Colorado Rockies and superstar Nolan Arenado avoid arbitration, settle on a two-year deal.
Rays Settle with Dickerson, Three OthersTampa Bay is able to come to an agreement with Xavier Cedeno, Kevin Kiermaier, Tim Beckham and Corey Dickerson.