Reno was back in action Thursday. Here is what happened at the Triple-A level and with the other Arizona Diamondbacks affiliates.
Triple-A Reno Aces (20-14)
- Left-hander and Diamondbacks No.1 prospect Anthony Banda was not his dominant self Thursday night versus the New Orleans Baby Cakes. In six innings of work, Banda allowed 4 runs on 7 hits and struck out 5.
- On the bright side, Banda's 39 strikeouts rank third in the Pacific Coast League but the 23-year-old is walking over four batters per nine innings. While young pitchers tend to struggle the most with control, Banda walked 3.3 batters per nine innings in 2016.
- RF Oswaldo Arcia contributed HR No. 8 of the season along with his 36th run batted in and went 2-for-4. Arcia is hitting .474 (18-for-38) with 7 doubles, 3 home runs and 16 RBI over his last nine games.
- Ketel Marte just keeps hitting. The shortstop collected two more knocks on Thursday and has hit safely in 29 of 31 games this season.
- The Aces currently sit two games back of first place in their division.
- Right-hander Eric Jokisch makes his fourth start for the Aces in 2017 Friday at 6:35 p.m. MST. Odrisamer Despaigne starts for the Baby Cakes.
Double-A Jackson Generals (20-13)
- The Generals dropped a 6-4 decision to the Tennessee Smokies Thursday.
- Jackson now sits a 0.5 GB of the first place Smokies in the Southern League North Division standings.
- Right-hander Ivan Pineyro was stellar out of the Generals pen. The reliever allowed 1 unearned run and struck out 4 in three innings.
- Left fielder Rudy Flores was 2-for-4 with a triple (1), home run (5), 3 RBIs (22 total) and a run scored.
- Right fielder Victor Reyes tallied his ninth double and has reached base safely in his last 13 games.
- Evan Marzilli did his best to contribute to the extra base hit parade. The center fielder had a double (4), home run (3), RBI (8) and a run scored.
- Right-hander Brooks Hall gets the start for the Generals against Tennessee Friday. First pitch is scheduled for 4:05 p.m., Arizona time.
High-A Visalia (18-16)
- Right-hander Joel Payamps did not allow an earned run in five innings of work. But, defensive miscues allowed two unearned runs to cross the plate.
- Marty Herum has been raking for the Rawhide. The first baseman went 3-for-3 Thursday with a double (11) walk and run scored. Herum already has 11 multi-hit games this season.
- The Rawhide are two games back of first in their division.
Class-A Kane County (17-14)
- Right-hander Curtis Taylor gave up 2 earned runs (3 total) on 3 hits in five innings of work. Taylor fell to 0-2 on the season.
- The Cougars dropped a 4-1 decision to Lansing.
- Shortstop Jasrado Chisholm, the Diamondbacks No. 3 prospect by MLB.com, tallied 2 hits in 4 at-bats with a double (4) and a RBI (11).
- Center fielder Marcus Wilson contributed his seventh double of the season. The Diamondbacks No. 21 prospect has reached safely in 19 of his 20 games this season.