2. SEATTLE (2) - Not exactly rolling, but there's nothing like smacking the Devil Rays around to wrap up the first half.
3. NY YANKEES (3) - Is Jeff Weaver starting to come around as the team's 73rd starter?
4. SAN FRANCISCO (4) - Check out rookie pitcher Jerome Williams: 58 innings pitched, 5-1, 2.84 ERA, 0 HR's allowed. You get that? Zero homeruns allowed. None.
5. BOSTON (5) - A funny thing happened: they went to using 1 closer like every other team in baseball and - coincidentally - they started winning games again.
6. OAKLAND (7) - Winners of 5 in a row. Must be July again - time for the A's to start their season.
7. PHILADELPHIA (8) - 7 games vs. division leading Atlanta in the second half - including a 3 game set to close out the year at the Vet.
8. KANSAS CITY (9) - All of a sudden, they're 7 1/2 up in the AL Central. The Royals are in a playoff race at the All-Star Break! Personally, I'm scared and confused by the whole situation.
9. ARIZONA (6) - What happens when this team is healthy?
10. ANAHEIM (15) - Winning 5 in a row and 12 of last 16 have them back in contention - oh those wacky Disney teams.
11. HOUSTON (19) - No one this low should be first in their division.
12. ST. LOUIS (11) - Yeah, get in a brawl with the Padres - they are the root of all your problems.
13. LOS ANGELES (13) - Now here's a respectable team - you know they won't hit your players, your mascot... or anything else in the park for that matter.
14. COLORADO (16) - Adam Bernero happy to be in Colorado and OUT OF DETROIT.
15. FLORIDA (14) - Dontrelle Willis meter: 8 wins since last loss.
16. MONTREAL (12) - Here's the scenario: 10-19 in their last 29 to fall 12 1/2 games back. Ce n'est pas bien. (that's "it's not good" to our English speaking readers).
17. TORONTO (10) - Ugghh.. now Juan Acevedo is your closer. Good luck with that.
18. CHICAGO CUBS (18) - Sosa's been on a tear of late: 8 HR's in last 12 games and no cork to be found.
19. CHICAGO WHITE SOX (17) - 2 reasons they're still in it: (1) Esteban Loaiza's pitching (11 wins, 2.21 ERA) and (2) the Minnesota Twins.
20. CINCINNATI (24) - Winners of 3 in a row going into the break... against Milwaukee (do those still count as wins then?)
21. PITTSBURGH (21) - My ugly yellow throwback Pirates hat goes off to Randall Simon for making a Pirates-Brewers game entertaining.
22. BALTIMORE (22) - Sideny Ponson racks up win #12 in an 89 pitch complete game gem vs. Seattle.
23. MINNESOTA (20) - Apparently there's no "win" in "Twins".
24. CLEVELAND (25) - Ohio State football's starting up soon. Everyone turn in your papers.
25. NY METS (23) - Well at least no one will ever have expectations for them ever again.
26. TEXAS (26) - Without Urbina, who will save all their leads in the ninth? Never mind. Probably won't be much of an issue.
27. MILWAUKEE (27) - Yeah, make sure Randall Simon is punished - he's your biggest concern right now.
28. SAN DIEGO (28) - All they need is a 30 game winning streak right... about... NOW
29. TAMPA BAY (29) - Lance Carter is your All-Star representative. That‘s all I‘m gonna say.
30. DETROIT (30) - I move that we have the Tigers play the Padres to decide home field in the World Series. And I'll go out on a limb and say Bud Selig will probably agree to it.
Luke Lapinski lives in Tempe, AZ and attends the Arizona State University, where he hosts the radio show, "The Mad UnderGrads." He once ate a hot dog from the Kingdome and survived to tell about it. Luke enjoys reading feedback, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.