Charlotte will start the first half of a home-and-home matchup Friday at 8 p.m. against the Atlanta Hawks from Philips Arena.
Hornets projected starters
PG – Kemba Walker
SG – Nicolas Batum
SF – P.J. Hairston
PF – Marvin Williams
C – Al Jefferson
Head coach Steve Clifford told WFNZ on Thursday that Hairston’s development defensively, and his chemistry with Williams and Jefferson on the floor, will lead to his second start in as many games.
“I think that P.J. [Hairston] and Marvin [Williams] compliment Al [Jefferson] well on the front line,” Clifford said. “P.J. played well last night. He did a good job on Dwyane Wade. I told him today that could be a foundation for him being a guy that we can use on primary scorers.
“His defense has improved greatly in his time in the league. He made some young mistakes, and he’s not that experienced, but overall he did a good job. “
Jeremy Lamb, who has been nursing a right ankle sprain, is listed as probable. Lamb was active against Miami but did not play. Reserve Troy Daniels, recovering from a left hamstring sprain, is listed as questionable.
Hawks starting shooting guard Kyle Korver and Mike Muscala will not play against the Hornets, and Thabo Sefolosha is listed as probable, according to Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
2014-15 Hornets - Hawks Results
Charlotte split season series 2-2 with Atlanta (2-0 at Time Warner Cable Arena, 0-2 visiting Phillips Arena)
Nov. 7, 2014: W (2OT), 122-119 (H)
- Walker (15 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds)
- Hairston (4 points, 2 assists, 3 rebounds)
- Williams (5 points, 1 assists, 2 rebounds)
- Jefferson (34 points, 3 assists, 9 rebounds)
Nov. 29, 2014: L, 75-105 (A)
- Walker (4 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds)
- Hairston (DNP)
- Williams (DNP)
- Jefferson (11 points, 0 assists, 3 rebounds)
March 28, 2015: W, 115-100 (H)
- Walker (21 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds)
- Hairston (12 points, 0 assists, 2 rebounds)
- Williams (17 points, 3 assists, 5 rebounds)
- Jefferson (2 points, 2 assists, 6 rebounds)
April 10, 2015: L, 80-104 (A)
- Walker (11 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound)
- Hairston (7 points, 1 assist, 2 rebounds)
- Williams (3 points, 4 assists, 1 rebound)
- Jefferson (DNP)
* Batum averaged 11.5 points, 2.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds in two games against the Hawks as a member of the Portland Trail Blazers last season.