What Didn't Work:
1. No energy- Orlando looked as if they were going through the motions for much of the game, and they fell behind by double digits early, and were never really in the game.
2. Defense on the Andre's- The Magic couldn't stop either Andre on this night as Miller and Iguodala combined for 50 points on 18 of 35 shooting.
3. Willie Green?- The Sixers shooting guard scored 26 points on 11 of 18 shooting. Green came into the game averaging less than 13 ppg., shooting 45% from the field.
4. Sloppy ball-handling- The Magic committed 20 turnovers on the night, with their starters accounting for 14 of those. The 20 turnovers led to 17 Philly points.
5. Free throws not free- The Magic hit just 18 of 27 free throws on the night for just 67%. Lackluster effort in nearly every phase of the game.
6. Point guard play- We talked about Orlando's inability to stop the Philly point guards, but the Magic floor general's were equally as poor on the offensive end. Nelson, Arroyo, and Dooling combined for just 4 points on 2-8 shooting with 3 turnovers.
7. Offensive ineptitude- The Magic shot an abysmal 39.7% from the field (23-58), and didn't seem to have any continuity on the offensive end. Their 18 assists were one of their lowest totals of the season.
The Magic had their second consecutive poor effort in the second half of a back to back. Orlando looked as if they needed a break and they took one, unfortunately for them it was a game night.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
Magic at Sixers: What Didn't Work
Magic Illustrated Top Stories
A Bit About Myself - By Andrew RystaThe story of how a kid from the south became enthralled with a team from up north.
Mavs Trade Deadline: Buyers Or Sellers?Will The Mavs Be Trade Deadline Buyers Or Sellers? 10 Tips (Including Dirk's Role) That Help You To The Answers
Hawks Win; Time For 'Whimsical' Mavs Changes?Hawks 97 Mavs 82: A Time For 'Whimsical' Lineup Changes In Dallas?