What Went Right
1. Hedo messed around and got a triple double- Turkoglu scored 23 points, dished out 13 assists and grabbed 10 rebounds, the last of which came with a little under four minutes remaining in the game. It was Hedo's second triple double of the season.
2. Dwight was dominant in a quiet way- Howard scored a quiet 26 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as he was far too powerful for any of the Hawks centers. If Dwight would've had more opportunities in the second half, he likely could've went for 40.
3. Three point shooting- The Magic were scorching the nets as they hit on 15 of 28 three point attempts. Rashard Lewis led the three-point onslaught as he hit 4 of his 7 attempts, and Keith Bogans and Hedo Turkoglu added 3 a piece.
4. The Magic were careful with the basketball- The team finished with 27 assists and only 9 turnovers. The 3:1 assist to turnover ratio is one of the best on the season for Orlando.
5. Good offensive production from the point guard position- Orlando's point men were on point as Jameer Nelson scored 13 points on 5-10 shooting and dished out 4 assists. Carlos Arroyo spelled Nelson and scored 11 points on 4-7 shooting and handed out 3 assists. Nice production from a spot that can be weak for the Magic.
6. Bogans on fire- Keith Bogans had one of his best games of the season as he scored 19 points off the bench on 7-8 shooting.
7. Overall offensive production- The Magic moved the ball well and took advantage of their mismatches all night long as they shot 53.6% from the field (45-84) and tied a season high with 123 points scored.
Magic vs Hawks: What Went Right
Magic Illustrated Top Stories
Bird Leaves the NestFormer five-star Jabari Bird has navigated injuries and a disappointing career at Berkeley to come out the other side as an NBA Draft pick, taken 56th overall by the Boston Celtics…
BearTerritory.netThursday at 9:03 PM
Rabb falls into second round of NBA DraftIvan Rabb is picked 35th overall by the Orlando Magic and traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, falling from lottery pick to second-rounder.
BearTerritory.netThursday at 8:10 PM
Lue: "Have 3 point shooters...take them"Tyronn Lue said the Cavs have three-point shooters and if they're open, they have to continue take them.
Wine and Gold Report06/09/2017
A Bit About Myself - By Andrew RystaThe story of how a kid from the south became enthralled with a team from up north.