What Went Right
1. Hedo messed around and got a triple double- Turkoglu scored 23 points, dished out 13 assists and grabbed 10 rebounds, the last of which came with a little under four minutes remaining in the game. It was Hedo's second triple double of the season.
2. Dwight was dominant in a quiet way- Howard scored a quiet 26 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as he was far too powerful for any of the Hawks centers. If Dwight would've had more opportunities in the second half, he likely could've went for 40.
3. Three point shooting- The Magic were scorching the nets as they hit on 15 of 28 three point attempts. Rashard Lewis led the three-point onslaught as he hit 4 of his 7 attempts, and Keith Bogans and Hedo Turkoglu added 3 a piece.
4. The Magic were careful with the basketball- The team finished with 27 assists and only 9 turnovers. The 3:1 assist to turnover ratio is one of the best on the season for Orlando.
5. Good offensive production from the point guard position- Orlando's point men were on point as Jameer Nelson scored 13 points on 5-10 shooting and dished out 4 assists. Carlos Arroyo spelled Nelson and scored 11 points on 4-7 shooting and handed out 3 assists. Nice production from a spot that can be weak for the Magic.
6. Bogans on fire- Keith Bogans had one of his best games of the season as he scored 19 points off the bench on 7-8 shooting.
7. Overall offensive production- The Magic moved the ball well and took advantage of their mismatches all night long as they shot 53.6% from the field (45-84) and tied a season high with 123 points scored.
Magic vs Hawks: What Went Right
Magic Illustrated Top Stories
Lue learned to keep coolTyronn Lue learned to keep his cool from one of the best to ever do it.
Wine and Gold Report12:34 PM
Cavs "come together" in crunch timeThe Cavaliers came together when it counted most to earn a 104-93 win over the Atlanta Hawks on Monday night.
Wine and Gold Report4:35 AM
Thompson makes things tough on HawksTristan Thompson proved again in Cleveland's 104-93 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals that he makes things tough on the Atlanta Hawks
Wine and Gold ReportYesterday at 9:01 PM
Lue says Cavs "anxious" to get goingCavs coach Tyronn Lue says the Cavs are "anxious" to get going in the next series with Atlanta.
Wine and Gold ReportYesterday at 2:33 PM