What went right
1. Three point shooting- The Magic were hot from behind the arc as they hit 12 of their 20 attempts for 60%. Rashard Lewis and Keith Bogans led the way with three shots a piece from long range, and Maurice Evans and Brian Cook added two each.
2. Offensive execution- The Magic ran their offense well for much of the night as they finished shooting nearly 64% from the field (49-77).
3. Turkoglu was clutch again- Hedo Turkoglu scored 27 points on 13-23 shooting from the field. Turk also added 6 assists and 4 rebounds.
4. Nice effort from Evans- Maurice Evans made the most of his minutes as he scored 19 points on 7-8 from the field.
5. Good glass work- The Magic outrebounded the Pacers 36-30, and were led by Dwight Howard's 12 boards.
6. Dominant starters- The Orlando starting five outscored the Pacers starters 94-76, and they were certainly the difference in the game.
7. Ball movement- The Magic registered 30 assists, one of the highest totals of the season. Jameer Nelson led all Magicians with 9 dimes.
8. Answered the bell- The Magic did a great job of answering Indiana runs all throughout the second half when it appeared the Pacers were about to take control of the game. Orlando made just enough plays to win, and thus clinched their second consecutive playoff berth.
Magic vs Pacers: What Went Right
Magic Illustrated Top Stories
Bird Leaves the NestFormer five-star Jabari Bird has navigated injuries and a disappointing career at Berkeley to come out the other side as an NBA Draft pick, taken 56th overall by the Boston Celtics…
Rabb falls into second round of NBA DraftIvan Rabb is picked 35th overall by the Orlando Magic and traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, falling from lottery pick to second-rounder.
Lue: "Have 3 point shooters...take them"Tyronn Lue said the Cavs have three-point shooters and if they're open, they have to continue take them.
Wine and Gold Report06/09/2017