1. Great defense- Aside from Andres Nocioni and Luol Deng, the Bulls scorers couldn't find the bottom of the nets. Orlando held Chicago to just 40% shooting from the field (32-80), and just 84 points.MVP- Hedo Turkoglu- Turk was the creator for the Orlando offense as he scored 24 points, dished out 8 assists, and grabbed 5 rebounds. Hedo did a lot of his damage in the third quarter when the Magic took a close game and pushed the lead out to double-digits.
2. Nice production from the frontcourt- Orlando's big three of Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, and Dwight Howard combined for 61 points, 15 rebounds, 13 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. They outplayed the Bulls starting frontcourt in every facet of the game.
3. Hot shooting- Orlando connected on 49.3% of their shots from the field (34-69), and were led by Hedo Turkoglu's 24 points (9-17 from the field).
4. Good bench production- Every Magic reserve scored with the exception of J.J. Redick, and the bench accounted for 30 points.
5. Rebounding- The Magic had a complete team rebounding effort as they outworked the Bulls on the glass, 43-38. Reserve guard Keith Bogans led the team in rebounding for the first time this year as he grabbed 7 boards.
6. Good work from behind the arc- The Magic connected on 11 of their 27 three point attempts for 40.7%. They played good three-point defense as they held the Bulls to just 35.3% from long distance (6-17). Rashard Lewis led Orlando with 4 three-point shots.
7. Good hands on D- Orlando forced 18 Chicago turnovers which led to 13 Magic points. Orlando also recorded 12 steals, which is nearly twice their season average.
Magic Step Up Against Chicago
What went right:
Magic Illustrated Top Stories
Bird Leaves the NestFormer five-star Jabari Bird has navigated injuries and a disappointing career at Berkeley to come out the other side as an NBA Draft pick, taken 56th overall by the Boston Celtics…
BearTerritory.netThursday at 9:03 PM
Rabb falls into second round of NBA DraftIvan Rabb is picked 35th overall by the Orlando Magic and traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, falling from lottery pick to second-rounder.
BearTerritory.netThursday at 8:10 PM
Lue: "Have 3 point shooters...take them"Tyronn Lue said the Cavs have three-point shooters and if they're open, they have to continue take them.
Wine and Gold Report06/09/2017
A Bit About Myself - By Andrew RystaThe story of how a kid from the south became enthralled with a team from up north.