DONUT 1: Quick turnaround today. So first, quickly get caught up on Tuesday's Dallas Mavericks blowout win at Detroit.
We've got all the goods -- the notes, the quotes, the analysis, the video, the laughs, the insight -- right here on DB.com.
And of course, you owe it to yourself to check out Brandan Wright taking flight ...
DONUT 2: Wasting no time, let's get to tonight: Dallas Mavericks at Boston, 6:30 p.m. MAVS LIVE on Fox Sports Southwest with Coach O, Dana and Fish ...
DONUT 3: The starting lineups, and NBA scouting info from Kyle Leath ...
|CELTICS 4-4||MAVS 5-5|
|F- Paul Pierce||F- Shawn Marion|
|F- Kevin Garnett||F- Dirk Nowitzki|
|C- Jermaine O'Neal||C- Brendan Haywood|
|G- Ray Allen||G- Vince Carter|
|G- Rajon Rondo||G- Delonte West|
DONUT 4: DB.com cannot do our thing without the help of sponsors and partners like MavCowTickets, Esparza's Restaurant , Classic of Carrollton, Game Havens and McKinneyDentist.com . Give my guys a click, if you please!
DONUT 5: A look at the Boston Offense:
• Allen and Pierce still to focal point in the half-court offense with Garnett and O'Neal used for screeners and the occasional pick/pop. Ex-Mav Brandon Bass off to a great start off the bench averaging 12.9 ppg and 6.3 rpg.
• A set they really like is starting Allen and Pierce on the block. Allen curls off a screen at the elbow to receive ball on wing. If not open, Pierce gets a cross screen for cut to ball-side block.
• A top Allen set has him coming off double-single screens to get him open for baseline 3-pointer (his favorite spot) or curling hard to basket if defender trails screens. He doesn't have to shoot the 3 (and he doesn't always make it). But the Celtics are intend on getting him open in this way.
• As a team they do not get out and run that much, but Rondo always a threat to go coast-to-coast. Bass runs floor well for big man.
• Hi pick/pop or roll with Rondo and Garnett. Garnett likes elbow jumper.
• With floor spread, will post up O'Neal. Rondo always a threat to take you off the dribble on penetration.
• Run side pick/roll with Pierce and Rondo.
DONUT 6: A look at the Boston Defense:
• They are 28th in league in steals and rely on fundamental man defense that can be beaten with patience on offense
• Post will play behind the offensive post and try to block shots. The ability to ball fake and get them up in the air can lead to FT line trips
• Not a great defensive transition team. The can be ran on. Rondo is quick put will take chances that get him out of position at teams.
• Average defensive rebounding team but sometimes do not do a great job of blocking out on perimeter. Offensive wings can sneak in and get a board, but do not leave Rondo alone to leak out.
• Show hard and help on pick/rolls.
DONUT 7: A Boston Stat Check:
• Celtics are 5th in NBA in FG% at .470.
• Celtics are 1st in NBA in 3pt FG% at .454
• Allen is 10th in the league in scoring at 20.4. Hel leads the league in 3pt FG% at .634.
• Rondo leads the league in assist at 10.5 apg. His highlight reel is an impressive one:
• Have not played since losing at home to Indiana last Friday. The extended rest, during this compressed scheduled, should benefit the older Celtics greatly as well as Mavericks playing on the road in Detroit last night.
DONUT 8: In addition to watching the game on FSSW, follow the game on Twitter with the Mavs Twitterverse!
Come follow Fish and the Mavs on Twitter!
DONUT 9: Dirk Watch: Dallas has won two straight visits to Boston and five of the last seven meetings there. Nowitzki is averaging 27.8 points in 12 career games at TD Garden. ... only Jordan, Kareem and Wilt have had more scoring success in NBA history than Dirk-at-Boston.
DONUT 10: If you like this level of coverage of the World Champion Dallas Mavericks, try our Premium Mavs coverage! This is what we do, every day, with 28 years of experience on the beat! It's pennies a day to get All-Access to what the Mavs are doing upstairs, down in the basement, in the locker room and on the court – and it's free to come inside for a 7-day tryout. Now more than ever, there's no reason not to give it a go! Thanks for your support of the site at less than a dime-a-day! Go Mavs and Go Premium!
DONUT 11: Scout Kyle Leath on How to Beat the Celtics:
• Have a plan to control Allen and Pierce. Both do a great job of working to get open and will pinball you off screens. Pierce is physical with ball and will bully his way to basket.
• Push ball but be smart. Seasoned team so what they lack in youth they make up for in guile. Be under control but attack.
• Get some offensive rebounds leading to second-chance points.
• Keep Rondo under wraps. West will be challenged to simply stay in front of him.
DONUT 12: Quotable, from Jason Terry, on the game at Boston:
"These are the ones you put on your schedule,'' Jet says. "It's like Miami, it's like the Lakers -- these big games. This is what you like as a professional."
Kyle Leath, a long-time Mavs staffer, former college head coach and now scout for the Denver Nuggets, provides you with an NBA-style scouting report before Mavs games.