Bucks at Dallas Mavericks, 730 pm at AAC
|BUCKS 4-6||MAVS 6-5|
|F- Stephen Jackson||F- Shawn Marion|
|F- Ersan Ilyasova||F- Dirk Nowitzki|
|C- Andrew Bogut||C- Brendan Haywood|
|G- Carlos Delfino||G- Vince Carter|
|G- Brandon Jennings||G- Delonte West|
• They are one of the better teams in the league when all guys are able to get set in their half-court defense.
• They shrink the court and a great at helping on penetration. They always have five guys touching the paint.
• Like to take chances in the passing lanes, especially Dunleavy and Jackson.
• Can be attacked by good, patient ball reversal in the half-court.
• When ball enters the post they will give up the baseline cut.
• Bogut is a solid center and if you double him, he is good at kicking out to Jackson and Mike Dunleavy. He can do the same with an interior pass:
• When they do run they are very effective. Last year they were 30th in fast-break points and have really emphasized changing that this year. Jennings pushes it, Dunleavy and Jackson fill the lanes and Bogut is good at attacking from the trail spot.
• Jennings is good at getting guys on their heels then pulling up for jumper.
• Jackson loves to use high-ball screens and will pull up behind the screen for shot.
• Favorite for Jennings is a spread with angle pick. Ilyasova likes to pop for jumper.
• Jennings is the key. He's frail so need to be physical. But he is super-quick and creative:
• Bucks are 4th in the league in assist at 22.7/gm. They had a season high in their win over the Spurs on Tuesday with 31. Brandon Jennings leads the team at 6.0/gm and had his season high of 11 vs. Spurs.
• Bucks are 26th in the league in Opp. Rebounding, giving up 45.0/gm
• Bucks are 28th in the league in Rebounding Diff. at -4.6.
• The Bucks give up the second fewest points in the paint.
• The Bucks have led or been tied in 8 of 10 games, however have outscored their opponent only once in the second half. They are 0-6 on the road and played last night at home, beating Detroit.
How to Beat the Bucks:
• Test their depth. Rookie Leuer recently got a start. Udrih it out and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Dunleavy are hurting.
• Play as up tempo as possible to negate their solid half-court defense.
• Move the ball, be patient in the half-court offense.
• Transition defense. Get back then find man.
• Be physical with Jennings. Kidd's not playing, so West will be asked to do this.
Kyle Leath, a long-time Mavs staffer, former college head coach and now scout for the Denver Nuggets, provides you with an NBA-style scouting report before Mavs games.