|CAVS 8-13||MAVS 14-10|
|F- Omri Casspi||F- Shawn Marion|
|F- Antawn Jamison||F- Dirk Nowitzki|
|C- Anderson Varejao||C- Brendan Haywood|
|G- Michael Thompson||G- Vince Carter|
|G- Kyrie Irving||G- Roddy Beaubois|
Cavs on Defense:
• Cavs do a good job of keeping opponents off the offensive glass.
• Not a great defensive transition team.
• Perimeter defense closes out slowly and not great at challenging shots. A chance for Dirk Nowitzki to get off again.
Cavs on Offense:
• Flex – Basic cross screen/downscreen on block. Will flow set into side P/R action
• Floppy – Wings will cross under basket and receive screens from post as they cut to wings.
• Drag – Irving will use high ball screen in transition and in half court sets to get open jumper or turn the corner to the basket.
• Irving will look to create and will dominate the ball, especially late in shot clock.
Cavs Stat Check:
• Cavs are 28th in FT% at 69.8
• Cavs are 3rd in Opp. Rebounds at 39.6/gm
How to Beat The Cavs:
• PUSH – Push the ball when you can. They do not get back well, especially the bigs.
• CHALLENGE – Make them take shots with hands in their face.
• POUND – Get ball inside, especially with guards. Post their guards.
Kyle Leath, a long-time Mavs staffer, former college head coach and now scout for the Denver Nuggets, provides you with an NBA-style scouting report before Mavs games.
Tonight, catch Fish, Dana Larson and Bob Ortegel for the Fox Sports Southwest pregame show at 6 before they hand it to Mark Followill and Derek Harper for the play-by-play as Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks take on the Cavs!
If you like this level of insight into the World Champion Dallas Mavericks, try our Premium Mavs coverage! This is what we do, every day, with 28 years of experience on the beat! It's pennies a day to get All-Access to what the Mavs are doing upstairs, down in the basement, in the locker room and on the court – and it's free to come inside for a 7-day tryout. Now more than ever, there's no reason not to give it a go! Thanks for your support of the site at less than a dime-a-day! Go Mavs and Go Premium!