|BLAZERS 15-12||MAVS 16-11|
|F- Gerald Wallace||F- Shawn Marion|
|F- LaMarcus Aldridge||F- Dirk Nowitzki|
|C- Marcus Camby||C- Brendan Haywood|
|G- Wesley Matthews||G- Vince Carter|
|G- Raymond Felton||G- Jason Kidd|
Blazers on Defense:
• Man-to-man team and note to Jason Kidd: they really take chances in the passing lanes both on perimeter and interior. Will hit hard at ball. Must be strong on drives.
• Handle big/little ball screens by showing to flatten and recover. Will switch some guard/guard ball screens.
• Show full-court pressure after made FTs with Camby on ball out of bounds.
Blazers on Offense:
• They're a transition team with Felton pushing the ball. In secondary break they will trail with Camby and look to get Aldridge/Wallace open on block to block cross screens with ball reversal.
• Much of their set offense is on left side of floor. Look to iso Lamarcus Aldridge and Wallace and even Felton on post-ups in low and mid post.
• They use Aldridge in mid pick/roll action. He likes to pop and shoot 18-footer off the elbows.
• 1-4 series is their primary continuity offense. Will UCLA cut PG to weak side Flex action. Also will use to post PG on UCLA cut.
Blazers Stat Check:
• Blazers are 5th in scoring at 98.3/gm
• Blazers are 5th in FT% at 78.1
• Blazers are 4th in Opp. 3pt.% at 30.3
How to Beat The Blazers:
• PUT OUT THE FIRE– Blazers will look to get out and run at any opportunity. You must do a good job of forcing turnovers (4th in NBA/9.1). Mavs must first take care of ball then stop transition on misses.
• OPERATE – Execute in the half-court. Strong with the ball and make then defend and take advantage when they gamble.
• BACK UPS – Blazers have Jamal Crawford (14.6) and Nicolas Batum (12.2) coming off a solid bench. Need a solid game from Odom in this one to help match up.
Kyle Leath, a long-time Dallas Mavericks staffer, former college head coach and now scout for the Denver Nuggets, provides you with an NBA-style scouting report before Mavs games.