A 7:30 p.m. tip at the AAC as the Dallas Mavericks are finally back home to host the dismal Washington Wizards... and some of the strategy...
The starting lineups, and NBA scouting info ...
|WIZARDS 9-31||MAVS 23-20|
|F- Chris Singleton||F- Shawn Marion|
|F- Trevor Booker||F- Dirk Nowitzki|
|C- Javale McGee||C- Brendan Haywood|
|G- Jordan Crawford||G- Vince Carter|
|G- John Wall||G- Jason Kidd|
A look at the Wiz Offense ...
• The Wizards have been getting off to horrible starts shooting only 34.5% in the first quarter.
• At 85 ppg the Wizards are next to last in the league.
• As a team Washington is shooting 26% from three and 39% overall.
• This team wants to run as John Wall is one of the best point guards in the league at pushing the ball up the court.
A look at the Wiz Defense ...
• JaVale McGee is second in the league averaging 2.8 blocks per game.
• Washington has several very long disruptive players on defense. They struggle however staying disciplined when teams move the ball and set good screens against them.
• If you are careless with the ball and allow them to get deflections they will be off to the races.
In addition to watching the Mavs and Wiz at 7:30 ...
Follow the game on Twitter with the Mavs Twitterverse ... The 75-Member Staff!
If you like this level of insight into the World Champion Dallas Mavericks ...
Try our Premium Mavs coverage! This is what we do, every day, with 28 years of experience on the beat! It's pennies a day to get All-Access to what the Mavs are doing upstairs, down in the basement, in the locker room and on the court – and it's free to come inside for a 7-day tryout. Now more than ever, there's no reason not to give it a go! Thanks for your support of the site at less than a dime-a-day! Go Mavs and Go Premium!
How to Beat the Wiz:
• Force the Wizards to play defense with player movement and ball movement. They can be very disruptive with their length if you take them lightly and are lazy with passes and shots. This will lead to them getting John Wall out in transition where he is very comfortable.
• Get JaVale McGee in foul trouble. Washington becomes very small with him out of the lineup. Oh, and getting McGee to do some knuckleheaded things is do-able.
• Must not allow this team to get hot from outside. Their shooting is the only way for them to stay in games as they have very little scoring off the bench. Mavs should be able to more than match that in a way that doesn't force Dallas to over-use Dirk Nowitzki.