- Parys Haralson - OLB; $3M in savings
- David Akers - K; $3M in savings
- Jonathan Goodwin - C; $4M in savings
- Demarcus Dobbs - DE/DT - $600K in savings
Resign/Extend - $8M total in salaries for 2013
- Dashon Goldson - FS; 5 year, $37.5M
- Tarvares Gooden - ILB; 2 year, $2M
- Ricky Jean-Francois - NT/DE; 3 year, $9M
- Justin Smith - DT/DE; 1 year extension, $4M in savings for 2013
Trade - $7.5M in cap savings for 2013
- Alex Smith to Chiefs for 3rd round draft pick
Free Agency - $7M in salaries for 2013
- Sammie Hill - NT/DE - Lions | 3 year, $8M | Strong pass rusher that takes on multiple offensive linemen. Perfect prospect to rotate at NT and DE.
- Leodis McKelvin - CB/KR/PR - Bills | 2 year, $2M |Replaces Trumaine Brock on the roster. Better defender with KR/PR skills to utilize.
- Domenik Hixon - WR - Giants | 1 year, $950K | Replaces Randy Moss on the roster. Very capable #3 WR that provides security for Manningham and Jenkins.
- Antwan Barnes - DE/OLB - Chargers | 1 year, $950k | Natural pass rusher with a knack to get to the QB. He should thrive under Fangio's coaching.
- Rex Grossman - QB - Redskins | 1 year, $950K | Well versed in the WCO system. Competes with Tolzien for the backup job.
NFL Draft -
R1: Datone Jones - DT/DE - UCLA
*Perfect blend of size and strength, Jones is a force that makes plays in the backfield. Jones will rotate with McDonald and Smith to learn the ropes and provide much needed relief.
R2: Jonathan Cyprien - FS/SS - FIU
*Smooth and fluid on the field with a pop factor as a tackler. Defends the pass much better than Donte Whitner, and has prototypical size.
R3: Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech (via Chiefs)
*Elite talent, but significant off-field concerns results him falling in the draft. Explosive player with a physical frame to match up nicely against tough defenders.
R3: Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego State (via Panthers)
*Tall TE with great hands and route running ability. Jimmy Graham type frame.
R3: Marcus Lattimore - RB - South Carolina
*Similar pick to Frank Gore back in 2005. The best part is Lattimore will be able to red-shirt his 1st year, if needed.
*Trade 4th, 5th, and 6th for Minnesota's (via Lions pick) 4th round pick*
R4: Kiko Alonso - ILB - Oregon (via Vikings f. Lions)
*With Grant not being resigned, Alonso will step in as a special teams ace with ability to play the ILB position in the 3-4 D. This is a significant upgrade in depth.
R4: Khaled Holmes - C/OG - USC (comp)
*Replaces the roster spot of Jonathan Goodwin on the roster.
R5: Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State (via Colts)
*Our kicker of the future.
R6: Tanner Hawkinson - OT - Kansas (via Dolphins)
*Swing tackle to bolster the O-line depth.
R7: Michael Williams - TE - Alabama (via Bengals)
*Blocking TE that replaces Dobbs on the roster.
R7: Aaron Hester - CB - UCLA
R7: Brad Madison - DE/OLB - Missouri (comp)
R7: QB Prospect (comp)
ST: Hopkins*, Lee, Jennings