Chicago's next two preseason games are on the road against the St. Louis Rams (Aug.11-15) and the Indianapolis Colts (Aug. 18-22) before the team returns home to conclude the preseason by hosting the Buffalo Bills (Aug. 25-29) and the Cleveland Browns (Sept. 1-2).
The Bears 2005 preseason schedule marks the seventh time in eight years in which Chicago will face only one NFC opponent, a streak which ended last preseason when the Browns were the only AFC opponent the Bears played in the preseason.
Exact dates and times are yet to be determined. Including the Hall of Fame game, Chicago's preseason schedule is as follows:
Aug. 8 Miami Dolphins Canton, OH 7:00 p.m. CT
Aug. 11-15 St. Louis Rams St. Louis, MO TBD
Aug. 18-22 Indianapolis Colts Indianapolis, IN TBD
Aug. 25-29 Buffalo Bills Soldier Field TBD
Sept. 1-2 Cleveland Browns Soldier Field TBD
* Chicago is making its first appearance in the Hall of Fame game since a 13-0 shutout of the Cleveland Browns on August 4, 1990. The Bears are 3-0 all-time in the Hall of Fame Game.
* The Bears 2005 preseason contest against the St. Louis Rams will be the fourth for Chicago since 1999 with the Bears winning each of the previous three meetings. The two teams played last year on August 12 in the head coaching debut of Chicago's Lovie Smith with the Bears winning 13-10 in overtime.
* Chicago has won two consecutive preseason games against the Indianapolis Colts, 20-18 on August 9, 2003 and 9-6 on August 7, 1999.
* The Bears will meet the Buffalo Bills in the preseason for the first time in seven years, with the last time being a 17-9 loss on August 21, 1998. Chicago defeated Buffalo 20-17 in overtime the previous preseason on August 2, 1997.
* Chicago concludes the 2005 preseason against the Cleveland Browns looking to atone for a 24-10 loss in Cleveland on September 3, 2004 to close last preseason.