VERTICAL JUMP: 29.0 inches
BROAD JUMP: 105.0 inches
- Has the NFL size and build teams want
- Works well in a timing based offense
- Has plenty of college experience
- Has the arm strength to handle the NFL passing tree
- Has the intangibles teams want in quarterbacks
- Hurries throws when pressured, but does so with good enough accuracy
- Isn’t afraid to sling the ball through tight windows
- Gets rid of the ball instead of taking sacks
- Has solid legs to scramble and pick up yards
- Throws accurately from the pocket
- His stance, base and hip level during his throws need a lot of work
- Doesn’t always follow through with his throws
- Struggles to read and understand zone concepts on the field
- Needs to get better at seeing the whole field
- Feels pressure and lets it affect him, especially when blitzed
- Doesn’t always take what is there and tries to force passes
- Long arms affect his throwing motion and consistency with his throwing motion
- No consistency
For the Denver Broncos, picking up Sudfeld wouldn’t be a bad idea, but he wouldn’t be a day-one starter. He shouldn’t even be a year-two, or three starter. He needs a few years of sitting and taking coaching in order to be potentially ready to start at the NFL level. There is a lot to work with, but even more that has to be worked on.
If Denver is planning on carrying three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster and a fourth on the practice squad, I can see them picking up Sudfeld as that fourth guy. This would give them time to work with him and put no pressure on him. However, they already have a developmental guy they like in Trevor Siemian and they probably would rather keep working with him, and pick up another short-term project, instead of a long-term project like Sudfeld.
Broncos Round Projection: 7th round to priority undrafted free agent
Where He Goes: 6th-7th round
Per sources, Sudfeld is viewed by many to be a three-year project at least. With how quick coaching jobs can open up, no team may be willing to use a draft pick on Sudfeld, only to take that amount of time to work with him.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.