40-YARD DASH: 4.78 seconds
VERTICAL JUMP: 32.5 inches
BROAD JUMP: 113.0 inches
3-CONE DRILL: 6.90 second
- NFL size
- Never gives up
- Played in a Pro-Style attack
- Intelligent kid
- Mobility is decent, but nothing special. However, he isn’t afraid to run with it.
- Makes ugly winning plays, but rather win ugly than lose pretty
- Managed an offense
- Accurate on short yardage throws
- No technique
- No footwork
- Focuses on top target
- Doesn’t move defenders with his eyes
- Doesn’t have a clean release
- Doesn’t reset for throws
- Doesn’t have an NFL arm
- Bad at reading defenses
- Slow through progressions
- Panics when faced with pressure
- Doesn't stay composed
- Awful pocket awareness
- Can’t hit deep throws
- Doesn’t understand touch and velocity. Even if he did, he doesn’t have the arm strength to execute consistently
- Drops his eyes before pressure is actually there
Hogan has the body of an NFL quarterback, but none of the talent or tools of an NFL quarterback. Even to get Hogan to be an adequate backup would take years of work, which means most teams won’t be willing to risk a draft pick on him.
There is a very low ceiling for Hogan, and very small chance he gets close to hitting it. There just isn't anything to like about him, except his luck at winning ugly, which won’t translate into the NFL level of play.
Broncos Round Projection: Undrafted
Where He Goes: Round 6- round 7
Per sources, the weak quarterback draft class will see Hogan drafted and that will be because some coach will love his intelligence and pound the table for him. Most scouts want nothing to do with Hogan, due to there being little-to-no tools to work with.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.