40-YARD DASH: 4.47 seconds
VERTICAL JUMP: 32.5 inches
BROAD JUMP: 118.0 inches
- Field of vision is elite, and the best vision for a running back I have ever seen
- See’s holes before they are there
- Has elite instincts
- Excellent ball security
- Threat as a runner and as a receiver
- Instant reaction
- Great burst to blow through holes and by defenders
- Doesn’t shy away from contact. In fact, he welcomes it
- Has an elite jump-cut
- Has excellent awareness and feel for what is going on around him and developing
- Changes direction on a dime
- Can push defenders to pick up a few yards
- Has a perfectly built body, with loose hips
- Really good blocker, in both pass protection and lead blocking for another runner
- Footwork is on an elite level
- Plays with a low pad level
- Over 600 touches in his last two seasons
- Takes hard hits
- Too willing to take on contact and takes it when he can avoid it for more yards
- Has room for improvement as a pass blocker and pass catcher
- Concerns about his maturity
- Rumors of party drug use have arisen the last few weeks from multiple sources
Elliott is a special player at running back, and one teams will fall in love with. He does so much at a high level, and a lot of that is an elite level. Running back is one of the easiest transitions from college to NFL level, which will help Elliott a lot.
While he will only be 21 to start the season, which raises questions about his maturity, he has shown he can be a professional as well. Elliott will be long gone by the time the Denver Broncos pick, but if somehow he falls, he would be an excellent pick up as he fits the scheme very well.
Broncos Round Projection: Top 5
Where He Goes: Top 5-10
Per sources: Over the last few weeks, scouts from multiple teams have found links to Elliott and party drugs, which raises some concerns, to go along with maturity concerns. However, all scouts I talked to still see him going no later than the Philadelphia Eagles first round selection.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.