BENCH PRESS: 16 REPS
- Prototype NFL running back body
- Has loose hips and quick feet
- Has immediate reactions
- Doesn’t come with a lot of wear and tear. Just over 400 carries in college
- Instincts are excellent
- Willing pass protector
- Has soft hands as a receiver
- Has the ability to pick up short yardage situations
- Has excellent lateral agility to make people miss in the backfield
- Forced over 40 missed tackles in 2014
- Follows his blockers
- Patient until he sees the hole
- Great burst
- Always falls forward when going down
- Can make people miss in a phone booth
- Excellent vision
- Great instincts
- Can make himself small through the hole
- Needs to be more consistent at everything he does
- Ran behind a massive line at Arkansas that used power to mow over most defensive lines
- Thin lower half
- Ball security with five fumbles in 2014
- Missed the 2015 season with a foot injury
- Gets too cute, and waste time and movement
- Needs to get better at his decisions
- Leaves yards on the field with bad decisions to cut into defenders
Williams is an underrated back in this draft, thanks to his foot injury. He can be a bell-cow back, but works best as part of a running back committee. There is some great one-cut-and-go ability from Williams, which makes him a good fit for the Denver Broncos.
The issue with his fit for the Broncos — he plays a lot like C.J. Anderson and just becomes repetitive. Whoever takes him will get a good back, who they can use an a variety of ways. In a few years, Williams very well could be one of the top-three running backs to come out of this class. He has such a high ceiling, and should go higher than he will. The concerns about his foot will cause him to fall.
Broncos Round Projection: Mid 3rd round
Where He Goes: Late 3rd-Late 4th
Per sources: A lot of the medical stuff for Williams is coming back positive. Most people I talked with said he will be used in a limited role his rookie season, but year two could be a breakout year for him.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.